- Washington County
- Washington, MD, USA
- Full Time
This is a direct service position offered by Way Station, Inc., requiring general knowledge of serious mental illness and specific knowledge and skill in rehabilitation with persons with disabilities. This position involves the provision of day program services in the context of volunteer support and both individual and group support of clients attending the Day Program.
- Facilitate Day Program group activity as assigned and act as a magnet involving as many clients as possible in meaningful activities.
- Provide, coordinate and develop the following services for and with assigned individuals: assessment, planning, linking, monitoring, advocacy and care both internal to Way Station's program and through external social service agencies.
- Implement money management plans according to policy.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of program activities and service delivery to clients.
- Facilitate social/recreation activities as scheduled.
- Arrange and provide transportation for clients as needed.
- Accompany clients to appointments as needed.
- Provide individual orientation to Day/Supported Housing Program for Way Station clients as assigned.
- Promote effective relationships among clients, families and service providers and educate them where appropriate regarding mental illness and Way Station services.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of individual plans of assigned clients to meet the client's needs, interests and goals and coordinate communication and activity amongst staff working together with assigned clients.
- Develop strategies to assure members utilize authorized services according to needs.
- Instruct, schedule and facilitate working side-by-side with program participants to ensure group participation.
- Initiate communication with supervisor regarding concerns, ideas, input, suggestions or problems.
- Assist in mentoring and supervising other staff when assigned.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness standards in designated work areas.
- Participate in ongoing trainings.
- Deliver authorized services as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in related field or professional licensure (e.g. COTA, RN) preferred. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Positively referenced relevant work, student or volunteer experience.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Possession or use of a four passenger car to be used to transport Way Station clients and a copy of a valid certificate of automobile insurance.